He was born on 28 July 1902 in Trzebionka near Chrzanów (today a district of Trzebinia), and died on 7 November 1975 in Wieliczka.
Member of ZPAF from 30 July 1953.
He studied at the State School of the Art Industry in Berlin and at the Academy of Fine Arts in Dresden. He worked as a drawing teacher for many years. After the Second World War, he settled permanently in Wieliczka, where in 1949 he started to create his life’s work – the Saltworks Museum (now Cracow Saltworks Museum Wieliczka). Długosz created a huge exhibition by collecting and documenting historic artifacts recovered from the then decommissioned chambers and corridors of the Wieliczka mine. As the director of the Museum, he was also dedicated to research work, the results of which were published in the periodical “Studies and Materials for the History of Saltworks in Poland.” In 1958, Długosz published a book dedicated to the mine entitled Wieliczka – Magnum Sal – jako zabytek kultury materialnej, illustrated with 134 photographs he produced himself. He made many drawings, oil paintings, and watercolors depicting the work in the mine, over one hundred of which are in the Museum’s collection.